The WISE project – Women Inspired: Supporting Entrepreneurship will develop the skills of women entrepreneurs in the field of digital marketing and e-commerce. By participating in the project, women will be able to develop their businesses, opening them to new markets and functioning in the global economy. It will provide them with a space to build community and connect with other female entrepreneurs.
Given the negative impact of COVID-19 on the economy and the way the pandemic has increased the use of e-commerce, it is critical that female entrepreneurs build a strong digital internet marketing and e-commerce strategy to expand their customer base and increase revenue by expanding their business beyond local.
The idea of the “WISE Learning and Community” platform developed as a result of the professional experience of the project partners and their involvement in a number of Erasmus+ projects, which identified a group of female entrepreneurs as a specific target group requiring support.WISE
Women entrepreneurs tend to work alone, their businesses are generally small, and their working hours are flexible to accommodate family commitments. Over time, they lack digital marketing and e-commerce skills to grow their business, while at the same time need flexible and online learning opportunities.
The WISE project will help develop the skills of women entrepreneurs by accessing KNOWLEDGE, TOOLS and building a COMMUNITY.
Access to knowledge through an online course on digital marketing and e-commerce.
- The course will include a series of modules to develop the knowledge and skills of women entrepreneurs.
- The aim of the course will be to create online identities for their companies. The content of the course will be created by both experts and women taking part in it.
- This free Moodle (OER) course will suit both beginners and more experienced female entrepreneurs. They will be able to develop new and existing skills at their own pace.
Access to a digital TOOLKIT and good practice guide.
- An “idea bank” will be created with practical tutorials on the best digital tools used by female entrepreneurs. It will be addressed both to women starting a new business and those developing an existing business or adapting it to digital requirements.
- Good practice examples and video testimonials from female entrepreneurs who use digital marketing and e-commerce to promote their businesses online will be collected. This is to encourage women participating in the project to use these tools in their own companies.
The Learning and Community Building Portal for Women Entrepreneurs
- The portal will offer an online learning course, a digital toolkit and a good practice manual.
- The aim of the portal is to create a place for cooperation, exchange of ideas and opinions for women entrepreneurs, during the project and after its completion. The portal is to enable women to constantly learn and inspire each other.
- The portal is also intended to provide the authors of the project with the opportunity to present their current work to the target groups (female entrepreneurs). It will enable the collection of feedback and an initial assessment of the project’s usefulness.